The BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad Sandwich is not necessarily a first date sandwich, but it is a must have sandwich. If you like Cobb Salads, you’re going to love this BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad Sandwich, it has all the elements of a Cobb Salad, but within a bun. I highly recommend this masterpiece, I grill them at least once a week.
You’re going to love this sandwich, it’s quick and easy to make, loaded with flavor, and every bit as messy and great as a properly made hamburger, but with a subtle healthy difference. After you’ve made the BBQ Chicken Cobb salad sandwich then feel free leave me a comment of what you think about the BBQ Chicken Cobb salad sandwich and any changes you might of made that our readers might enjoy.
Recipe: Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad Sandwich
- 4-4 oz. Chicken Breast or Thighs, Boneless, skinless
- 8- Strips Bacon, Thick
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper, Fresh Ground to taste
- Canola Oil
- 1/ 2 Crumbled Bleu Cheese
- 4 Burger Buns, Onion
- 1 Tomato, Ripe, Large and cut into 8 slices
- 1 Avocado, Ripe and cut into 8 slices
- 1 Cup Romaine, Chopped
- 1 Bottle of Your Favorite Vinaigrette Dressing or Homemade
- Place 8 strips of bacon until firm ( partially freezing the bacon makes it easier to work with when placing on your grill)
- Preheat Grill to about medium high
- Remove bacon from freezer and place across the grill at an angle to prevent from falling in the charcoal
- Grill bacon until golden brown and desired crispiness.
- Remove the bacon and place on paper towels.
- Scrape and clean grill for chicken
- Place your chicken onto plastic wrap cover the chicken and pound to about ¼” thickness
- Remove the chicken and brush oil liberally on both sides salt and pepper to taste
- Grill chicken 3-4 minutes per side, top grilled chicken with equal portions of bleu cheese when you turn the chicken. Chicken is finished when the meat reaches 165° internally
- While chicken is grilling take romaine add dressing , toss well and refrigerate
- Toast buns on the grill until golden brown
Building your sandwich:
- Place grilled meat on the bottom portion of the bun
- Top with tomato, 2 slices avocado, 2 slice bacon, top with romaine and top with bun lid. Serve immediately.